1. Pottery Barn Dream Rocker ( retails for $999 ) ...got mine for $60 on craigslist
2. Ikea Hemnes Dresser, 2 nightstands that they dont sell anymore, for $100..( was worth $600 ).this couple was moving out of the country the next morning, and literally needed everything left to go. So I filled a single cab truck with that furniture, along with probably $200 worth of Crate and Barrel dining stuff ( glasses, gadgets,bamboo cutting boards etc ) on craigslist ...so $800 worth of stuff for $100.
3. Pottery Barn Coffee table, retailed for $399...scored it for $24.99 online
4. Pottery Barn Wayne shelving system (I use it above my workspace) retailed for over $400 I believe, got it for $30
5. I bought 3 Montego Pottery Barn stools for $50. ( they retail at $249 EACH ). I turned around, and sold them on craigslist for $350 for the set. $300 profit in a few days time, no sweat.
6. My dining room table/benches cost $399 at Fred Meyer about 3 years ago. I thought it was half off, so I thought I'd go for it. Little did I know that there was a crazy sale that day, not only was it on clearance, but the clearance was marked down too. It literally rang up for $42 FOR THE SET. Better yet, it's a Pottery Barn knockoff.
7. 8x10 jute rug from West Elm for $20 ( craigslist )
There's a bunch of smaller things that I got for steals as well, but those 7 scores were my big ones. So fun to save!